Community Eligibility Provision

Community Eligibility Provision

We are pleased to inform you that 11 of our schools will be implementing a new provision available to schools participating in the National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs called the Community Eligibility Provision (CEP).

You may be asked to submit a Household Income form. The submission of this form has no impact on receiving school meals.  Not submitting this form may prevent you from receiving a fee waiver or getting access to certain income-based programs.  Additional information may be required at the discretion of the school. The form can be obtained from the school.


Below is a list of schools participating in CEP

Cainhoy Elementary

College Park Elementary

College Park Middle

Cross Elementary

Cross High

H.E. Bonner

J.K. Gourdin

Macedonia Middle

St. Stephen Elem.

St. Stephen Middle

Timberland High

What does this mean for you and your child(ren)?

All enrolled students in the schools listed above, regardless of income level, are eligible to receive a healthy school breakfast and school lunch at no charge each day. No further action is required of you. Your child(ren) will be able to participate in these meal programs without having to pay a fee or submit a meal application. Your child(ren) can still purchase items sold in cafeteria such as snacks, drinks or a second meal.

If your child(ren) are transferring to a CEP school from a non CEP school they will be responsible for charges that accumulated prior to enrolling.

The CEP is a new alternative to the traditional meal application process associated with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. CEP alleviates the burden on families by eliminating household applications, while helping schools reduce costs associated with collecting and processing those applications.

Breakfast and lunch meals follow the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) guidelines for healthy meals. 

You may contact your BCSD Child Nutrition Services Department for additional information at 843-899-8708. 

Parents or guardians that do not want their child/children to participate in CEP may contact the BCSD Child Nutrition Services Department at 843-899-8708.


*The Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act requires the information on this application. You do not have to give the information, but if you do not, we cannot approve your child for free or reduced price meals. You must include the last four digits of the social security number of the adult household member who signs the application. The last four digits of the social security number is not required when you apply on behalf of a foster child or you list a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) case number or other FDPIR identifier for your child or when you indicate that the adult household member signing the application does not have a social security number. We will use your information to determine if your child is eligible for free or reduced price meals, and for administration and enforcement of the lunch and breakfast programs. We MAY share your eligibility information with education, health, and nutrition programs to help them evaluate, fund, or determine benefits for their programs, auditors for program reviews, and law enforcement officials to help them look into violations of program rules.

**In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

***To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
fax: (202) 690-7442; or
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


For more information about CEP, please visit

Community Eligibility Provision